VISION, MISSION & FUTURE DIRECTIONS
We want Glamorgan Spring Bay to be:
Prosperous, vibrant and inclusive.
- A place where people want to live, work and visit.
Our guiding principles
We will seek to:
Balance economic and tourism growth whilst preserving our lifestyle, celebrating our rich history and protecting the region’s unique and precious characteristics.
- Reinforce and draw on the strengths of our communities at both a local and regional level.
- Attract and welcome people of all backgrounds, cultures and ages to live in our region.
- Take an East Coast perspective but also acknowledge the differing needs and priorities of each town or area.
- Ensure that our current expenditure and ongoing commitments fall within our means so that rates can be maintained at a manageable and affordable level.
- Draw on the knowledge and expertise of local people and communities in shaping and delivering our initiatives and plans – listening to and taking account of ideas and feedback from residents, businesses and ratepayers.
- Communicate and explain Council’s decisions and reasons in an open and timely manner.
The key foundations underpinning our future success are:
- Sound governance and financial management.
- Cohesive, inclusive and resilient communities.
- The creation of a positive working environment.
- The delivering of high quality, cost-effective infrastructure and services.
- Collaboration with our communities to value, manage and improve our natural resources.